Thursday, September 18, 2008

What to eat?!?!?

Woke up today, had a water with lemon, just like the 'ole days of fruit cleanse. Then I practiced some yoga. Showered, got ready, then walked to the fridge. Upon opening it, it seemed that everything was calling out for me to eat it. Peanut butter screamed 'pick me, pick me' (that is my nemesis!) Eggs egged me on, 'scramble me up baby.' Even the pumpkin beer in the waaaaay back tinkered with my emotions, 'you know you want me.' And I did, I wanted it all at once. But at the same time, I wanted none of it.

Ended up choosing an apple and some cottage cheese. Figured I could use some protein, but nothing heavy, at least not now. And I even chose decaf tea. Pretty content. Again, seeing that it's not about the food, it's about the feel. Feel good. Better yet, feel great. Happy eating!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

I went to the grocery store this morning and felt like I was seeing what they sold for the first time. I was sort of in shock at how much of the foods there come in brightly colored bags and boxes and suddenly nothing seemed real and certainly not alive to me. I had never thought of it that way before. Here I was, I could buy and eat anything I wanted and I ended up with mostly fruit and some bread. For breakfast I had a slice of whole grain bread with some natural peanut butter on top and it was too much for my stomach to handle. I immediately felt dizzy, weak and sick and had to go outside to get some fresh air. Now I'm snacking on pineapple and a little worried about what to eat for lunch. I have my avacado "salad" ingredients here with me at work just incase but I know that I need to start eating regular food again soon so I don't want to prolong the inevitable. Funny how I couldn't wait to eat normally again and now I'm scared to. Anyone else having a hard or easy time with this transition?

Wanderin Yogini said...

i wanted to reach straight for the PB too this morn. i am thinking that if you keep it to water soluable foods as you reintro, you should experience a better transition. some veggies, soup perhaps. i did a little cottage cheese to build up some good bacteria in my system and then fruit again. so far i feel fine. but i know what you mean. things that seemed appealing on the cleanse have lost their luster. i don't want anything out of a package!! now you are more in tune with your body, it will tell you what you need, just listen...

Melinda said...

Just had the coolest thing happen. After a very rough morning (even got sick after eating some pineapple) I finally made it through to the other side and feel like my stomach is heading back to a place of being able to digest food. I was just sitting at my desk eating an apple w/some peanut butter and I ate maybe 3/4 of it and I swear I was mid-bite and something in my head just said stop, you don't need to eat anymore and I threw the rest away. It was so weird because as much as I like to think that I'm in tune with my body, I know that a week ago I would have finished that apple whether I needed to or not. Not sure if that voice was there and present or I never it before or if this is a new thing. This has been a real eye-opening experience for me for so many reasons and I'm really happy that I stuck with it.