Thursday, September 11, 2008

Like looking in a mirror...

Week 3 is well underway, and the meeting last night was a welcome eye-opener for me.

One of my "tapes" has been for a while now that 'I am alone and no one understands me.' Yet, each person that shared yester-eve spoke from my heart. Not one person said something I cannot relate to, or something I have not felt. The exact same emotions and places that have kept me feeling alone are those that each one of us feel in some way, shape or form. Just goes to show that no matter how different we may be on the outside, on the inside we are all of the same spirit.

Thank you all for sharing, and opening my eyes once again to the 'all one-ness' of this community. Have an equanimous week.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I could not agree with you more. I find it so interesting that we all (myself included) think that our feelings and emotions are so different from one another when the truth is that on some level each and every one of us feels the same way. Although our stories and backgrounds are different, I think there is a human need to feel as though we belong. Until just a couple generations ago most people lived in the same town their whole lives, surrounded by their friends and family, working at the same job until they retired. Now people are so transient and the only true constant is change. It is no wonder there is such an enormous unmet need for connection in our society. One of the great things about yoga, especially at MBody is that it brings like-minded, soul searching people together so that we can all learn from one another and grow. And for that I am most grateful.