Okay, I have only been awake for 3.5 hours and I'm already really stressed about this whole fruit fast. I actually had to take a Valium last night in order to fall asleep because I had so much anxiety over what today would bring. I have all these beautiful, colorful fruits sitting here on my desk and I keep telling myself how lucky I am to live in a place where I can eat such wholesome foods but it isn't helping. I'm someone who is really big on paying attention to my body and eating what it needs and craves (and I'm not talking about chips and candy). I try to eat carbs or lean proteins whenI need them, or fruit when my energy level is low etc. This goes against everything I believe in. I'm eating this fruit when what my body wants is some whole grain toast and natural peanut butter. My stomach feels really acidic having all this fruit in it with nothing to absorb it with. I'm trying to decide if I need to just do this no matter what or try and modify it as best I can in hopes of getting some benefit from it. I don't know what to do. Hoping that all of you are having a much easier time than I am. For those of you who have done this before, what did you do to make your stomach not feel upset all the time? And are cucumbers and squash and all that stuff Chrissy said really okay to have?
Melinda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
cucumber and avacado blended together will be milder on your tummy. so will sqaush, if it ends up these things are acceptable.
In the 4th chapter of the book Baron talks about this girl who brought Cliff bars to eat during the fruit fast, because she felt like you, worried she wouldn't get enough protien.
At the end of the fruit fast she admitted to Baron she wished she'd tried it. Have you read that part yet? it might help you.
I think the fruit cleanse isn't for the whole week either.
Are we actually starting today, or tomorrow?
Isn't it just 3 days in the middle of the week?
Good luck, Melinda!
I wish I had known abou the squash and cucumbers. I will definitely be heading to the store after work. Love those and I can steam the squash and have it hot which I'm needing right now. My body temp feels really cold. We all started today so that we can end together on Wednesday night. When are you starting yours? I've done pretty well so far- haven't given up so that's good. I cut up a tomatoe and an avacado and had that with some lime juice on top for lunch. Tasted pretty good and I'm full so two meals down, 7 more to go!!!
Melinda,
You can do this. Just like you do your practice, breathe. Eat a piece of that beautiful fruit and breathe. My husband and I did the cleanse while we were at boot camp doing 3 hour practices twice a day and we made it through. You can do this. Just breathe. You are strong. It's only until Wednesday evening.
Include tomatoes and avocado, cut up your fruit and arrange it beautifully on a plate. Add and apple for the crunch you crave. Take time to enjoy each bite and breathe between each bite. This is an awesome opportunity and you are strong. You CAN do this! Mindy
What often helps is to take the time to prepare a meal with fruit. Eating just "pieces of fruit" or a banana is a fast approach to fulfill hunger, our cleanse's version of "fast food." Take the time to prepare something, all the while putting love and gratitude into the process, it will be much more enjoyable!
I think that Melanie is right. Important not to get caught up in the food part (what we can and cannot eat). I think the whole point is to let go of all that so stuff to make room for the really good thoughts to come through the haze. Having a very stressful day at work and I think that is contributing to my frustration so I'm leaving early so I can get out and just breathe!
Really looking forward to class tonight. Thanks for all the good thoughts :)
Post a Comment