Sunday, September 14, 2008

Botanically speaking...

The Wandering Yogini gave some great advice. She speaks from experience.

I did a little research so I could be sure what qualifies as fruit, besides bananas, apples, mangos and figs.

Most of us know tomatoes are in the fruit family, since they develop directly from a flower-- the definition of fruit-- but other fruits classified as vegetables include squash, cucumbers, green beans, corn kernels, eggplants, and peppers.

And don't forget Miss Melanie's avacados! Yum.

Make some cold soup with cucumber and avacado in your food processor (or blender) and add fresh herbs. Are herbs allowed?

Also, slow cook a big pot full of eggplant, squash, and peppers. Add a little curry and basil, you'll think you just ate a filet of beef.

I also like tomatoes and cucumbers in balsamic vinegar. Is vinegar allowed? I don't know.

The Wandering Yogini can surely fill us in.

---
In other news, my sister had her baby today, Sunday. So that was not my excuse for missing last Wednesday night.

Last week I busted my butt to get to the meeting with no avail. We only have one car, since one of our kids totaled our other car. On top of that we have new school/extracurricular schedules and with one car it was a no go.

Ask my husband, I cried.

Anyway, Mark gave me What For about missing last Wednesday. AND I will most definitely not be present (no pun intended) at the next meeting. Sorry sorry. But someone please tell Mark I communicated to the group I would be absent. And that I'm doing the fast in Atlanta. And also practicing.

And let me say that Mark will say things like: "People may say they are with the group, doing things with the group at home, but it's just not the same."

Yep. It ain't the same. So i do not advise it.

Love all ya'll!
Chrissy

1 comment:

Wanderin Yogini said...

Thanks for the post, Chrissy! I am elatedly surprised that I cucumber, squash and eggplant are considered fruits!
While we can "pepper" our menu with these exciting new finds, we cannot add any spices. But again, it is amazing how creative one can get. Use lemon or lime for a little zest, watermelon juice or coconut water for a sweetness (as if there is not enough of that already!)
Happy CLEANSING!