Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Home Stretch

We did it!! Last day so there is no way any of us is going to quit now!! SOOOOOO glad that I stuck it out and made it through because I honestly never thought that I could do this. Figured that I would try it and do the best I could but the thought of actually doing this full on for the whole time never crossed my mind. There were some really tough moments but I took walks, spoke with supportive friends or closed my eyes and took deep breaths when I wanted to give up and here I am on day 3. Realized that cravings are like thoughts- they have only the power that I give them. On their own they mean nothing and can pass on through if I let them. Pam's 90 min. class last night was a bit too much for me. Had to really put my ego aside and just do whatever it was that I could do. Moved VERY slowly, rested a lot and had to tell myself that it wasn't so much about the yoga as it was the breath and being able to sweat all those toxins out of my body- especially on day 2. So hoping that everyone is feeling good today, more at peace and ready to finish strong. See you tonight.
Melinda

1 comment:

Wanderin Yogini said...

Thank you for sharing this honest feedback about your experience, Melinda. I know I felt the same things at times, and you really have the right idea about cravings being nothing but thoughts that you can either attach to or not.

Choices, choices, choices... enjoy some good food today!