Monday, September 15, 2008

Fruit fast

I am so glad that I researched and found cucumbers and eggplants were considered fruits! I just added some chopped cucumber to my avocado/tomato salad. Probably will grill some eggplant for dinner. Hope everyone is doing okay so far!

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Erin,
Where are you finding your info on what fruits are? Chrissy wrote that many things are technically fruits but for the purpose of this cleanse, are all of those things okay to have? Hoping Frank or Melanie get on the boards to confirm.
Melinda

Wanderin Yogini said...

Have never added those to the cleanse before, but I checked on wikipedia, and cucumbers and eggplant are botanically fruits. (Eggplant is a "berry" technically!) It is so fascinating how little I know about the food I eat!
As of right now, I have only eaten fruit as we know it, but if avocado is a fruit (which we know it to be), I am mixing it with cucumber and having myself a refreshing green meal!

Erin Bailey Schwartz said...

I did a search of wikipedia's fruit list as well. Had the common fruits all day, but added cucumber to my tomato/avocado tonight. May try the eggplant tommorrow. I have to admit I was kind of weak at yoga tonight, but I attribute that to being sick over the weekend in addition to the fruit fast. Keep on truckin everyone! Melinda, I would be curious to know if some herbs are OK to add to tomatoes?

Melinda said...

Made it through class last night. Didn't have as much energy as usual (felt more like a 90 minute class instead of only 60 minutes) but I'm really glad I went. I was exhausted at first and thought I would go crazy on the drive home I was so hungry. But then I got to my house and had a text message from Jeannie (another MBody student who is not in our group) telling me to be strong and that I could do it and it was just what I needed. I made myself a little avacado "salad" and took a hot bath and today I feel great. Yesterday was really hard and I am so glad it is behind me. We had a meeting this morning and there were 50 different kinds of donuts and I just walked away without even looking at them. Not sure that I'd have been able to do that yesterday. Anyone having an easier time today?