Hey everyone... so I was trying to solve the fruit mystery... what is a fruit? In a broad sense, things that we would not consider fruits are, actually "fruits" because they have developped from a plant and flower. Folks, that even means peanuts and sunflower seeds and wheat and beans and olives. BUT, I think that for the purpose of this cleanse, (and to even go back on what I previously posted) for these 3 days, we should stick it to fruit as we know it.
The cleanse is supposed to be about body awareness, and ridding ourselves of toxicity, not about obsessing what is really a fruit and how the hell can we get through this. Those thoughts are toxic themselves. Put those thoughts, worries and hindrances in the freezer for the next couple of days, and just allow your body to absorb this cleanse.
I was hopping on board with the newly found fruits, until I realized this for myself. It's not about the food, it is about the process. It is about what we feel, what we experience, not what enters our mouth. This is supposed to be mindful and thought-less. Just allow it to unfold. Trust me.
Last time I did the cleanse I only used traditional fruit plus avo's and tomatoes, that's what I've got in my fridge right now. That is what I will eat these 3 days, but that's not even what matters. I feel the cleanse happening already as I let go of the control of my food...
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Melanie,
Can we use fresh herbs like basil and cilantro?
Melinda
Post a Comment