Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Presents for Presence!

Hey all! Hope you found it easy to connect to this blog and welcome.

As Mark mentioned last night, this blog is open to the 40 Day Participants as a means of support and communication. You know like, "Let's all do a double-header tonight, see you there!" or "Help! I can't sit still during meditation!" Remember- we all made that commitment for growth within ourselves, this program, as well as with each other!

So week one- PRESENCE. Anyone else see the presence meditation as a gift? I know for me, I will be sitting there, silently, no distractions (besides my mind!) and I will have that one shining moment when I realize that I was able to follow one complete breath from beginning to end. I get so excited... a moment of presence! And then, just as soon as I have it, there I am again, back in the thoughts. But it was there, even if only for a moment. A joyful, peaceful present of presence.

And eating- who knew there could be so much presence in it? To actually sit with a meal- no emails, no TV, no music, no newspaper... just food. What a concept!

And of course, yoga. To practice presence in poses is profound. (As is alliteration.) Looking forward to seeing ya'll at the studio!

In peace, in presence,
Mel

No comments: